Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ode to my Nokia 5310

You arrived all wrapped up,
a special birthday present.
He did all his research,
Tried to ask my opinion, but I wasn’t listening.
“Surprise me,” I said.

I remember that birthday,
Everyone came, dressed up to the nines.
I felt so loved,
but not more than when he stood up and said,
“She may be weird, but she’s mine.”

You had a perfect memory,
dates and names and numbers I was always forgetting.
You woke me up in the morning,
and your little screen reminded me to smile.

He spent so much time,
picking you out of all the choices.
In the end, he bought one of you too…

That night I was foolish,
Past midnight, watching scary movies
Curled up in the cinema seat,
Texting - “Wo ai ni” … I love you
“Wan an” … Good night

I can’t believe I left you behind.
I’m so sorry.
I miss you.
Thank you for being such a good, reliable phone.
(P.S. If you do find your way back home, I promise I’ll give you lots of cuddles and always keep you safe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment